Welcome to Montgomery County Health Department.
On behalf of the Montgomery County Health Department, I would like to personally welcome you to our agency and encourage you to take advantage of the many services we provide.
In our department, we use our core values of Integrity, Quality, Exceptional Service, Collaboration and Accountability to create an atmosphere of service delivery that will exceed your expectations.
We strive daily to meet the following guiding principles of our work: (1) Become accredited and maintain accreditation standards, (2) Utilize “best practice” in implementing public health initiatives, (3) Recruit, develop and retain a well-qualified staff, (4) Seek private and public funding sources to support and improve services, (5) Be fiscally responsible, (6) Improve residents’ health outcomes and quality of life, (7) Prepare to respond to a public health emergency or disaster, and (8) Serve as a health information resource in the community.
Our goal is to improve personal and community health in Montgomery County. We look forward to partnering with you to turn that goal into a reality.
Mary Perez, MSN, RN
Montgomery County Health Director
Mission and Vision
Mission: The mission of the Montgomery County Health Department is to provide high-quality public health services to individuals and families in Montgomery County.
Vision: Reducing health disparities to improve personal and public health in Montgomery County through education, diagnosis, treatment and surveillance.
Ten Essential Public Health Services
The ten essential public health services relate to the three core functions of public health which are assessment, policy development and assurance.
The ten essentials are as follows:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and solutions to health problems.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
This institution is an Equal Opportunity Employer.