ATTENTION: ALL VETERANS, FAMILIES, AND CURRENT MILITARY PERSONNEL
Applications are now available to add name(s) of veterans, living or deceased, and current military personnel to the last 3-1/2 panels of the veterans’ monument!! If your name is on the monument, please pass this on to another veteran.
The Montgomery County Monument Committee is now accepting applications to complete the veterans’ monument, at the Courthouse in Troy, NC. Approximately 60 spaces on each of the three panels for names to be added for veterans (living or deceased), and current military personnel. The deadline for applications is October 1st, 2018. See below for guidelines and application form.
Guidelines for Applicant:
- Applicant must have been born in Montgomery County,
- Or inducted from Montgomery County,
- Or has lived in Montgomery County at least 5 years (proof of residency required – such as a statement from the tax office; water department; city taxes, etc).
- Proof of military service required, including active military. A clear picture of a government grave marker will be accepted, if separations papers cannot be found.
- Veteran applicant must have been discharged under honorable conditions.
Veteran's Monument Information
The Montgomery County Veterans Monument consists of twelve Dedicated Plaques that are located in the front of the Montgomery County Courthouse at 108 East Main Street in Troy, NC.
The links below will take you to a list of names for each panel.
The Veterans Monument Project began in 1997 and was temporarily closed in November 2002. At this time, no applications for names are being accepted. Hopefully, new applications will be accepted at a future date to be announced. The names on each panel are in alphabetical order. The A indicates names on the back of each panel.