OHV/ATV/Dirt Bike Info
Bring the Jeep, Humvee, ATV or dirt bike and tackle nearly 20 miles of thrilling Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) trails in the Badin Lake Recreation Area. Daily or season passes required and North Carolina OHV regulations apply.
The OHV trail system offers a variety of topography and scenery. Regulations require vehicles to stay on the trails to help prevent soil erosion and creek sedimentation. When off the trails, all vehicles operating on the roads must be fully licensed, inspected and registered.
Click HERE for more info.
- Name- Length- Rating- Blaze
- Wolf Den- 1.3 miles- Easy- Orange
- Slab Pile- 1.2 miles- Moderate- Orange
- Dutch John- 2.1 miles- Difficult- Orange
- Rocky Mtn. Loop- 2.8 miles- Moderate- Orange
- Sawmill- 1.1 miles- Moderate- Orange
- Falls Dam- 2.8 miles- Moderate- Orange
- Dickey Bell- 3.5 miles- Difficult- Orange
- Daniel- 21. miles- Extremely Difficult- Orange
OHV trail passes are required. The cost is $5 per day or $30 for the season, April to December.
- Passes are sold at the following locations:
• Eldorado Outpost, 4021 NC109, Troy, NC
• Swift Island BP, NC24/27 and River Rd., Mt. Gilead, NC
• Uwharrie Trails General Store, 4568 NC 109, Troy, NC
• Uwharrie National Forest District Office , Hwy 24/27, east of Troy, NC