Announcing the 2018 Field of Honor
The first Field of Honor, held of the Montgomery County courthouse grounds, was a huge success. See the 2018 Field of Honor gallery for more images.
Veterans Service Office
The Montgomery County Veterans Service Office assists veterans and their families in preparing claims for service connected disability compensation, non-service connected pension, educational benefits, health care, vocational rehabilitation, and Burial Benefits.
The Montgomery County Veterans Service Office is a member of the North Carolina Association of County Veterans Service Officers (NCACVSO) and the National Association of County Veterans Service Officers (NACVSO), and the Montgomery County Veterans Council.
Duties of the Montgomery County Veterans Service Officer include:
- Assist in the completion and filing of claims with the VA Regional Office and the Board of Veterans Appeals.
- Assist spouses in filing for death benefits
- Assist veteran in filing for health care benefits
- Assist veterans and dependents in filing for educational benefits
- Assist eligible spouses in filing for CHAMPVA benefits
- Assist surviving spouse/other family member in securing grave marker for veteran
- Assist local funeral homes in securing military information for flag
- Assist veterans in completing form for review of discharge or correcting military records
- Assist veteran in securing a copy of DD-214 from the National Personnel Records Center, St. Louis, MO.
- Work with local agencies to provide assistance to veteran and dependents
Veteran's Service Officer: Gracia Pack
Supervisor: Caleb Hawkins
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (office closes for lunch)
For timely service, veterans are encouraged to schedule appointments