Announcement: Montgomery County Veterans Services Office Moves to New Location
Opening Monday, September 18, 2017
102 E Spring St, Troy, North Carolina
Veterans Services will be closed on Friday, September 15, 2017 for moving. We appreciate your patience.
Mission: Serving the Pride of Montgomery County
The Montgomery County Veterans Service Office assists veterans and their families in preparing claims for service connected disability compensation, non-service connected pension, educational benefits, health care, vocational rehabilitation, and Burial Benefits.
The Montgomery County Veterans Service Office is a member of the North Carolina Association of County Veterans Service Officers (NCACVSO) and the National Association of County Veterans Service Officers (NACVSO), and the Montgomery County Veterans Council.
Duties of the Montgomery County Veterans Service Officer include:
- Assist in the completion and filing of claims with the VA Regional Office and the Board of Veterans Appeals.
- Assist spouses in filing for death benefits
- Assist veteran in filing for health care benefits
- Assist veterans and dependents in filing for educational benefits
- Assist eligible spouses in filing for CHAMPVA benefits
- Assist surviving spouse/other family member in securing grave marker for veteran
- Assist local funeral homes in securing military information for flag
- Assist veterans in completing form for review of discharge or correcting military records
- Assist veteran in securing a copy of DD-214 from the National Personnel Records Center, St. Louis, MO.
- Work with local agencies to provide assistance to veteran and dependents
Supervisor: Kris Hernandez
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (office closes for lunch)
For timely service, veterans are encouraged to schedule appointments