Rabid Bobcat Notice - Wolfcreek Rd - Star, NC - 5/16/2023
The Montgomery County Health Department is alerting residents in the vicinity of Wolfcreek Road in Star that a bobcat captured in your area has tested positive for the rabies virus.
Rabies circulates within our wildlife population throughout the entire year. Here are some tips to help prevent you or your family from being exposed to the rabies virus:
- Avoid direct contact with wildlife, dead or alive.
- Supervise pets when they are outdoors.
- Do not approach, try to play with, touch, rescue or treat any wildlife.
- Avoid any animal displaying unnatural behavior.
- Do not try to separate fighting animals.
- Feed your pets indoors.
- Report any suspicious animals.
- If a person is bitten by an animal (domestic or stray), wash the bitten area immediately with soap and water, seek medical attention, and report the bite to the Health Department.
- North Carolina law requires that all domestic pets be vaccinated for rabies.
Again, the Montgomery County Health Department is alerting residents in the vicinity of Wolfcreek Road that a bobcat captured in your area has tested positive for the rabies virus. Please contact the Health Department at 910 572 1393 if you have any questions concerning this notice.