Steps to Take for Preventing COVID-19
Advice from the World Health Organization for the public on preventing of COVID-19.
The steps to preventing coronavirus transmission are similar to the steps to preventing other respiratory illnesses, like the flu. These include:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
The actions listed above will also protect people against influenza, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and other respiratory infections that are common in North Carolina and the U.S. this time of year.
For more information on prevention, visit the CDC's coronavirus prevention website.
For the CDC's recommendations on household preparation, visit their site here.