The Uwharrie National Forest has some of the best hunting in the state. Trophy deer and wild turkeys are plentiful.
Designated as Game Lands, hunting on the Uwharrie National Forest is managed by the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. In addition to the appropriate basic annual hunting license, a Game Lands Privilege license must be obtained to hunt on the Uwharrie National Forest.
For hunting and fishing regulations Click Here
Flintlock Valley Shooting Range- 1359 Moccasin Creek Rd. Troy, NC In the Uwharrie National Forest is open year round Tuesday through Saturday 9a-5p from Labor Day to Memorial Day and 10a-6p to Labor Day. The range has 25-yard pistol and 100-yard rifle ranges.
Passes are available at the places listed below for $5 a day or $30 for the year/season which lasts April 1 - Dec. 15. Trails are open 24/7 rain or shine.
- BC Trading Post- 2000 NC Hwy 109 N. Troy, NC
- Eldorado Outpost- 4021 NC Hwy 109 N. Troy, NC
- Uwharrie Trails General Store- 4568 NC Hwy 109 N. Troy, NC
- Uwharrie NF District Rangers Office- 789 NC Hwy 24/27 E. Troy, NC
- Swift Island BP- 4560 NC Hwy. 24/27 W. Mt. Gilead, NC
- Uwharrie Sportsman- 4593 NC Hwy 24/27 W. Mt. Gilead, NC