OHV/ATV/Dirt Bike Info
Bring the Jeep, Humvee, ATV or dirt bike and tackle nearly 20 miles of thrilling Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) trails in the Badin Lake Recreation Area. Daily or season passes required and North Carolina OHV regulations apply.
The OHV trail system offers a variety of topography and scenery. Regulations require vehicles to stay on the trails to help prevent soil erosion and creek sedimentation. When off the trails, all vehicles operating on the roads must be fully licensed, inspected and registered.
Badin Lake Recreation Area OHV Trails
Click HERE for more info.
- Name- Length- Rating- Blaze
- Wolf Den- 1.3 miles- Easy- Orange
- Slab Pile- 1.2 miles- Moderate- Orange
- Dutch John- 2.1 miles- Difficult- Orange
- Rocky Mtn. Loop- 2.8 miles- Moderate- Orange
- Sawmill- 1.1 miles- Moderate- Orange
- Falls Dam- 2.8 miles- Moderate- Orange
- Dickey Bell- 3.5 miles- Difficult- Orange
- Daniel- 21. miles- Extremely Difficult- Orange
- Video of Wolf Den Trail
- Video of Slab Pile Trail
- Video of Dutch John Trail
- Video of Rocky Mountain Loop
- Video of Sawmill Trail
- Video of Falls Dam Trail
- Video of Triad Jeep Club conquering Dickey Bell Trail
- Video of Jeeps on Daniel
- Video of Daniel w/ Mud
- Video of Jeep Swimming at Uwharrie
- Poser Rock
- Poser Rock 2
OHV trail passes are required. The cost is $5 per day or $30 for the season, April to December.
- Passes are sold at the following locations:
• Eldorado Outpost, 4021 NC109, Troy, NC
• Swift Island BP, NC24/27 and River Rd., Mt. Gilead, NC
• Uwharrie Trails General Store, 4568 NC 109, Troy, NC
• Uwharrie National Forest District Office , Hwy 24/27, east of Troy, NC